TECHNOLOGY VOUCHER PROGRAM
Expressions of interest for round two of the Neo-Bionica Technology Voucher Program are now closed.
The Neo-Bionica Technology Voucher Program (TVP) supports researchers, clinicians, start-ups, and collaborators to progress their bioelectronic concept or device to the next phase of development through a short-term collaborative project.
Successful TVP applicants will be awarded a Technology Voucher to cover part/the entire cost of an initial project phase.
If you’re interested in future rounds of the TVP, reach out to us for a confidential chat.
Our Technology Voucher Program has a total pool of $250,000. Vouchers will vary in value depending on the project and phase of development. As a general rule, vouchers will cover expertise, time and materials to progress projects over a period of 6-8 weeks.
The Neo-Bionica Technology Voucher Program is made possible thanks to the support of the State Government of Victoria.
HEAR FROM A TVP RECIPIENT
The Voucher Program supports innovative clients like Nirtek to further develop potentially life-saving medical device concepts.
Nirtek received a Technology Voucher as part of round 1 of the Program.
Hear from Nirtek CEO Matthew Hoskin about how, through the EOI process, Neo-Bionica designers and engineers supported the Nirtek team to produce a high-quality submission for the TVP assessment panel.
SUPPORT FROM OUR TEAM
In the video below, Neo-Bionica Project Adviser Dr Erol Harvey talks about how he supports clients to develop their application.
To be eligible for a voucher, projects must meet the following criteria:
- Innovation must be a medical or assistive device, e.g. device, diagnostic, equipment, instrumentation. At this stage we will not accept digital health only solutions. If you have a hybrid medical solution, we can discuss the device concept
- The proposed product must involve innovation and be technically viable
- Neo-Bionica must be able to add value to the proposed idea
- The proposed project must be:
- Well-focused / targeted within the scheme
- The proposed project must not have already received support through the Voucher Program; however, we welcome new innovations/project proposals from previous applicants
- Previously unsuccessful applicants may reapply for the same project for subsequent rounds if change has been made to the application.
STAGES OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS
|1 March||Expressions of Interest open|
|1 April||Expressions of Interest close|
|April||Neo-Bionica invites client to discuss project scope|
|1 May||Formal applications close|
|1 June||Panel selects awardees|
|30 June||TVP contracts finalised|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Through the Technology Voucher Program, Neo-Bionica can:
- Support a research project that will lead to an application for grant funding and/or further investment
- Fund access to research facilities and equipment, including:
- 3D printing
- precision milling
- printed circuit board (PCB) design & prototyping
- electrode prototyping
- welding (resistance & laser), and more
- Fund product or process design activities, such as engineering or technical design expertise to determine prototype structure, function and/or materials
- Provide access to technical assistance
- Trial assembly runs or processes to demonstrate technical concepts
- Prove or demonstrate technical capabilities of a product, process or technology.
Previously unsuccessful applicants may reapply for subsequent rounds of the TVP if changes have been made to the original application.
The proposed project must not have already received support through the Voucher Program; however, we welcome new innovations from previous applicants.
These is a panel of experts in medical device development with years of experience from academia and industry.
The projects are assessed based on their merits on both feasibility and future potential. Both short-term and long-term aspects of the project will be considered very carefully.
Yes, to protect any potential IP while we discuss your projects, we need to have an NDA in place. After receiving your EOIs and formulating the right team of experts to help you with the application, we will send through an NDA.
Yes, we are a for-profit business and as such we have a liability to our stakeholders to provide the services under specific Terms & Conditions. Please get in touch with us if you’d like to know more details.